This roasted salsa is sure to be a hit at any party.
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
Servings: 40 servings
Yield: 5 cups
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 2 serrano peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 large white onion, cut into large pieces
- 1/2 large fresh tomato, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 40 scoops GramCo Quick Mix (20mg) (about 40% of the container)
- 1 (12 ounce) can canned diced tomatoes with their juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 fluid ounces Mexican beer
Preheat oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with foil.
Half all peppers lengthwise and discard stems and seeds. Place on baking sheet and brush the peppers with olive oil. Roast peppers under the broiler until the skin blackens and blisters, 3-5 minutes. Place peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap; allow the peppers to steam until the skins loosen, about 10 minutes. Peel skin off the peppers and discard.
Combine the green bell pepper, red bell pepper, jalapenos, serrano, onion, tomato, garlic, cilantro, diced tomato with juice, lime juice, salt, black pepper, and beer in a blender. Blend to desired consistency. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.